This project provides for roadway improvements to relieve congestion, improve safety, and provide for bike/pedestrian connectivity along Lois Ave from W Cleveland St to W Boy Scout Blvd. The City is currently evaluating conceptual design alternatives for a Complete Streets project along Lois Ave from Kennedy Blvd to Boy Scout Blvd. These design alternatives include:
- Addition of a 12 ft. multi-use trail on the east side of the roadway.
- Reconfiguration of lane widths with the addition of 4 ft. bike lanes in both directions.
- Reconfiguration of lane widths with the addition of 4 ft. bike lanes in both directions along with the addition of an 8 ft. sidewalk on the east side of the roadway.
The project will also include operational and safety improvements at the Cypress St intersection as well as evaluating operational and safety improvements to provide left turn lanes, pedestrian refuge islands, and mid-block crossing(s) as feasible.
The City will conduct public involvement and community outreach to share with and solicit input from the residents and businesses of the surrounding neighborhoods.
Benefits to the Community
- Safety and operational improvements at N Lois Ave and Cypress St intersection.
- Improved Bike and pedestrian connectivity in West Tampa.
- Congestion relief along Lois Ave