Stormwater Hardship Program
The City of Tampa leadership understands that any increase in housing costs can create a hardship for vulnerable households. The City created the Stormwater Hardship Program under Resolution No. 2016-706 to help eligible, low-income households cover the cost of the Tampa Stormwater Improvement Assessment fee.
- At least one homeowner must be 65 as of January 1 and/or unable to work because of a disability or veteran with a service-connected disability.
- Maximum household income levels of no more than 30% of the Area Median Income (AMI) as adjusted and published annually by the US. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Must be single family property with a homestead exemption.
- Must be owner occupied.
- Must have a taxable value of less than $100,000 (after exemptions).
- Must be assessed 1.0 or less Equivalent Stormwater Unit.
For more information on this program visit the Housing & Community Development’s Stormwater Hardship Page or call Housing and Community Development at 813-274-7940.