Welcome to the Mobility Department's Transportation Capital Projects page. Projects listed here are active and currently in the planning or design process. Click a project to view more information including scope, budget and schedule information. To review projects that have been recently completed, scroll down and click the link at the bottom of this page.
Complete Street & Corridor Improvement Projects: These projects address multi-modal improvements along continuous segments of collector and arterial streets. The schedule, scope and budget are driven by safety and mobility needs.
- 30th Street Complete Streets Project (E Yukon St to E Fowler Ave)
- 34th Street Safety Improvements
- 46th Street Walk-Bike Improvements Project (Busch Blvd to Fowler Ave)
- W. Bay to Bay Blvd. Complete Streets
- Bayshore Blvd. Enhancements, Phase 3
- Bayshore Blvd. Safety and Multi-Modal Signing & Pavement Markings Impr. (Hawthorne Rd to Platt St.)
- E. Columbus Drive Complete Streets Project (Nebraska Ave to 14th St)
- El Prado Blvd. Complete Streets and Sidewalks Project
- W. Columbus Drive Safety & Mobility Improvements (Hillsborough County Public Works Resurfacing Project)
- W. Cypress St. Improvements
- Downtown Train Horn Quiet Zone
- East-West Green Spine
- Floribraska Ave Complete Streets Project (Tampa St to 9th St)
- W Fortune Street Complete Street Improvements
- Green ARTery Perimeter Trail - Segment E
- Himes Ave. Safety Improvements
- Lois Avenue Complete Street
- O'Brien Street Widening (Cypress Street to Spruce Street)
- Spruce Street Corridor Improvements (Manhattan Ave to Himes Ave)
- Willow Avenue Walk-Bike Improvements
Intersection Improvements: These projects address mobility and safety issues but the improvements are focused only at specific intersections.
- Armenia Ave. at W. Busch Blvd.
- Highwoods Preserve Parkway at Highwoods Palm Way Intersection Improvements
- Howard Ave.- Dekle Ave.- DeSoto Ave. Intersection Improvements
- Interbay Boulevard/Tanker Way Intersection Project
- West Shore Boulevard at Gandy Boulevard Intersection Improvements
- Willow Avenue at Kennedy Boulevard Intersection Improvements
Maintenance Projects: These projects involve capital maintenance for various elements of our transportation system such as bridges and mechanical systems.
- Brorein Street Bridge Rehabilitation
- Cass Street Bridge Mechanical/Electrical Rehabilitation
- Laurel Street Bridge Rehabilitation
- Streetcar Capital Maintenance
Neighborhood Improvements: The primary purpose of these projects is to rehabilitate deteriorated pavement on local neighborhood streets. These projects are identified and scheduled as a result of poor pavement condition. Additional improvements to address safety and mobility issues are identified and incorporated into the project on a case-by-case basis.
- Davis Islands Resurfacing
- Hampton Terrace Neighborhood Resurfacing and Traffic Calming (2019)
- Historic Hyde Park Neighborhood Resurfacing (2019)
- Harbour Island Complete Streets Project (2019)
- Ridgewood Park Neighborhood Resurfacing and Traffic Calming (2019)
Special Projects: These are transportation projects of citywide significance that involve major investments to promote economic development, such as fixed-guideway transit and capital improvement projects covering large areas of the City.
Transportation Studies: These are special studies and analyses completed to study the viability and feasibility of proposed transportation improvements.
- Downtown Tampa Traffic Circulation Study
- Habana Ave at Hillsborough Ave Plaza Access Management and Safety Study Final Report (January 2018)
- Streetcar Extension and Modernization Feasibility Study
- Westshore Area and West Tampa Traffic Circulation Study - completed 2017
Completed Projects: A comprehensive list of completed projects can be found here.