The application shall be in accordance with NFPA #33 and the Standard Fire Prevention Code, Chapter 10.
The following conditions apply to applications in previously Cleared-for-Occupancy buildings within the City of Tampa, Florida.
- Obtain the necessary permit from Fire Marshal's Office
- The applicant shall provide the floor plan and/or key plan showing the "spray area" and all exits, exit ways, fire alarm pull stations, etc. when applying for a permit.
- A person(s) designated "fire & safety-specialist" to handle safety equipment and extinguisher, and shall remain near an extinguisher, alert, while spraying is in progress. So designated on the permit application.
- Two 4 A 60 BC fire extinguishers shall be within 50 ft. of spraying at all times.
- Electric power shall be cut off to the entire area while spraying is in progress.
- No smoking, welding, or open flames on the floor while spraying is in progress.
- Only OSHA-approved power cords and explosion-proof light fixtures shall be used to provide power and lighting, and all equipment shall be grounded to inhibit sparks.
- Use only spark-proof fans and duct hoses designed for safely removing fumes to the building exterior. Sufficient ventilation shall be used to eliminate vapor build-up as installation of material proceeds.