Sometimes the symptoms of a heart attack are difficult to recognize. Many times it feels like severe indigestion. Other feelings may be tightness, heavy pressure, a constricting band feeling or crushing discomfort in the chest. Sometimes these feelings spread to the arms, jaw, neck, or back. There any also be nausea and/or sweating. Shortness of breath may be present.
ARE ANY OF THESE FEELINGS PRESENT?
Is this person having EXTREME DIFFICULTY IN BREATHING?
- Are they "Making Funny Noises"?
- Are they "Fighting For Air"?
- Are they Breathing Normally?
- CALL 911!!
- Are they ALERT (able to talk)?
- Are they SWEATY or CHANGING COLOR?
- Do they have any Heart Problems?
- Are they "TURNING BLUE"?
- Did they take any DRUGS (medications) in the past 12 hours?
- Did they take any Cocaine, Narcotics, Prescribed Medication
Allow this person to assume the most comfortable position for them. If they are on any medications, please get them out for the paramedics. Write down the name and phone number of their doctor.
IF THEIR CONDITION WORSENS IN ANY WAY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.