Can You Fill These Boots?
- Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license
- State of Florida Firefighter Certificate of Compliance
- Paramedic or EMT Basic Certificate issued by the State of Florida or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Physical incentive leave
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Deferred Compensation and Retirement Plans
- Annual physicals
- Aggressive Promotional process
- 48-hour variable work week
- Kelly Day every 3 weeks
- Firefighter: $48,222 to $88,807
- Paramedic incentive pay
- Educational incentive available
- Tuition reimbursement available
- Longevity bonus
- Pension Program
Tampa Fire Rescue employs more than uniformed firefighters. These firefighters are hired as vacancies occur in accordance with City of Tampa Civil Service and City of Tampa Employment Services requirements.
Note: Candidates must be non-users of tobacco or tobacco products for at least one (1) year immediately preceding submission of an employment application, and will continue to be non-users of tobacco or tobacco products while on or off duty for the duration of their employment per F.S. 633.34 and International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) bargaining agreement, Article 27.5, as evidenced by a sworn affidavit of the applicant.
For continued employment with Tampa Fire Rescue, a State of Florida Paramedic Certification is required within three (3) years of employment. Failure to provide proof of and maintain active enrollment in a State of Florida-approved paramedic program within 24 months of employment will result in termination.
- Review of applications for overall qualifications, relevant training, and experience.
- The most qualified candidates will participate in a pre-employment screening process that includes an oral interview board, background investigation, and polygraph examination.
- A conditional offer of employment will be given pending a psychological evaluation, medical examination, and drug screening.
(MUST be submitted before eligibility is established):
- Birth Certificate
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College diploma and/or transcript (if applicable)
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Current Driving record (www.flhsmv.gov)
- State of Florida Firefighter I and II Certification (Florida State Fire College)
- State of Florida or National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians EMT-Basic or Paramedic Certificate (www.doh.state.fl.us)
- CPR and/or ACLS card
- CPAT/Fire Team certification (www.nationaltestingnetwork.com)
- DD 214-Military Discharge form. (if applicable)
To receive Veterans Preference, documentation of status must be submitted at the time of application.
Tampa Fire Rescue also employs non-uniform, civilian employees for its support divisions. For more information about job openings with the City of Tampa click on current employment opportunities.