Wastewater FAQ

How do I apply for wastewater service?
There are several service types such as single family residence, commercial or multi-family residence. Application forms can be downloaded here:

Multi-Family/Non-residential Utility Service Application 
Single Family Residence/Duplex Utility Service Application

How do I know if I am in the city's service area?
Click on the link to determine if you are in our service area - Service Area Map

What are capacity fees?

Capacity fees are assessed on a one time basis when a customer desires to connect to the sanitary sewer system.  These fees pay for capital improvements associated with the Wastewater Treatment Plant and primary intercepting systems.

How much is the monthly disposal rate?
Effective October 1, 2023, new disposal rates are as follows:

  • Inside the City limits: $5.46 / CCF
  • Outside the City limits: $6.82 / CCF

One (1) CCF means one hundred cubic feet or 748 gallons

Monthly base charges per account: Base charges are applicable to all customer classes to address certain fixed costs of the operation and maintenance of the department's infrastructure.

  • Residential - Inside the City limits: $6.00
  • Residential - Outside the City limits: $7.50

Apartment base charges (per unit): 

  • Inside the City limits: $4.50
  • Outside the City limits: $5.62

Master Metered Single-Family Subdivision (per residence):

  • Inside the City limits: $6.00
  • Outside the City limits: $7.50

Master Metered Mixed Use (per equivalent meter unit):

  • Inside the City limits: $6.00
  • Outside the City limits: $7.50

The City of Tampa has established a Customer Assistance Program to assist eligible customers that meet the criteria with relief from payment of the base charge. Please select the link above to apply or call the City of Tampa Utilities PIPES Hotline at 813-274-8266.

How do I apply for an adjustment?
Please follow the instructions outlined in our Adjustment Policy document.

How do I get reclaimed water if I have a water truck?
Please follow these instructions: "Process for getting reclaimed water in bulk"

How do I dispose of hazardous materials?
Depending on the materials, there are several recommended ways of disposal. Substances marked "drain" can be poured down the drain, but with plenty of water. The exception to this rule is if you own a septic tank. The label on a substance should contain information about any possible damage it can cause to a septic tank. Substances marked "trash" are materials that cannot be poured down a drain, but are safe to discard with your trash. Substances marked "hazardous" should be saved and given to a hazardous wastes contractor for disposal or discarded at a community-wide hazardous waste collection day sponsored by the Solid Waste Department.