What is a transfer station? This is a building or processing site for the temporary deposition, consolidation, and aggregation of waste. From here waste can be divided, sorted, and taken to the correct disposal location: whether it is our Waste-to-Energy Facility or offsite recycling service to recover materials such as metals.
With a projected completion date of Fall 2021, the new 53,000 square foot transfer station will be accompanied by a 5,600 square foot employee building and a new comprehensive drop-off area for residents from the City to dispose of their waste more efficiently and conveniently.
- Approximately 30,000 square foot commercial tipping floor with 2” concrete topping and ½” armor steel push plates at the perimeter.
- Commercial loading tunnel.
- A landfill gas/vent mitigation system.
- Two (2) truck scales at the commercial loading tunnel.
- Two (2) knuckle-boom cranes with trash grapple at the tipping floor.
- A masonry control booth with aluminum stairs and windows on the tipping floor.
- 1000kW diesel fuel generator.
This project will open up our existing transfer station to be used for other waste and disposal purposes.