Missed Pickups / Green Recycling Cart Requests:
The Recycling Division is responsible for ensuring that recyclable materials collected are recoverable and do not include contamination (prohibited items that cannot be placed in recycling). To accomplish this, the division focuses on education, outreach, monitoring and constantly improving the Department's comprehensive recycling program.
Recycling Program Requirements
- All accepted recyclables must be larger than the size of your fist.
- Leave items free and loose (not bagged).
- Only refer to the accepted items listed and do not use the plastic resin number as a guide for recycling. Not all items with the recycling symbol are accepted.
- Place the cart at the curb the night before your designated pickup day, or before 6 a.m. on your pickup day. Cart must be removed from the curb by end of the service day.
- All recyclable material must be inside the cart for collection.
- Ensure your cart lid is down to prevent items from getting wet.
Recycling Drop Off Stations
These locations are self-service for your convenience.
- Assure all recyclables are loose and not bagged before placing them inside the recycling dumpsters.
- All recycling must be inside of the container or it will be considered illegal dumping, per Florida Statue 403.41315, and is a third degree felony.
- If the container is full, it is temporarily closed until emptied.
Alert: The USF Recycling Drop-Off Location has been permanently closed. Please do not leave any refuse material at 504 USF Sycamore Drive, Tampa, FL 33617. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
McKay Bay Refuse-To-Energy Facility
Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri - 7 am to 5:30 pm, Wed & Sat - 7 am to 4:30 pm
HCC Ybor City Campus
Mon to Sun - 7 am to 8 pm