Looking to recycle at your office or business?
Please call Utility Call Center at (813) 274-8811 for more information.
What can we recycle?
Clean & Dry Paper Items
• Mixed Paper (mail, office paper, newspaper, magazines, etc.)
• Corrugated Cardboard
• Paperboard (paper rolls, cereal & snack boxes)
• Food and Beverage Cartons (milk, juice, soup broth)
Empty & Rinsed Plastic Items
• Plastic Bottles and Jugs
Empty & Rinsed Metal Items
• Beverage Aluminum Cans/Bottles
• Food & Beverage Tin/Steel Cans
Empty & Rinsed Glass Items
• Bottles and jars
• Items should NOT be smaller than the size of your fist.
• Remove all bottle and container caps/lids and toss in your garbage cart
• Place all recyclables LOOSE in your green cart – not bagged!
Waste Reduction Tips
Double side photocopies. Not only does it save paper, but it also reduces mailing costs and condenses filing spaces.
Buy recycled products. Look for products with recycled content and packaging.
Place old office papers in a box marked "recycle" if you don't have an individual recycling bin for your desk. Transfer those papers to the central recycling bin at the end of the day.
Proof documents on your computer before printing.
Share journals, magazines, newsletters and newspapers rather than having several copies. This will also reduce your subscription costs!
Use coffee mugs instead of Styrofoam or paper cups.
Create "scratch paper" and memo pads from old stationary.
Remove obsolete names from your mailing lists regularly. It will save you the cost of printing and mailing unnecessary publications and letters.