114 South 34th Street
(813) 242-5320 Ora Almestica, Supervisor
(813) 242-5491 Fax
Hours of Operation:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:00am - 5:30pm
- Wednesday, Saturday: 7:00am - 3:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
Best times for residential disposal
- 7:00am - 10:00am Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 7:00am - 3:30pm Saturdays
Requirements For Disposal at No Additional Charge:
Proof of residency documents listed below must be shown each time disposal at no additional charge is requested at the McKay Bay Scale House Facility.
For disposal at no additional charge, both documents must list the same name, and the waste generated must have originated at the residential address listed on the solid waste account.
Please note, residential real estate is defined by Chapter 475, F.S., as property zoned for four or fewer residential units.
Required documents are listed as follows:
- Driver’s license, or government issued ID
- An Active Solid Waste Residential Account with the City of Tampa for the provision of Solid Waste Services. The account address must be within the City of Tampa Collection area.
- For residents living outside of the City of Tampa Collection area please visit the Hillsborough County website .
Items Accepted For No Additional Charge For City Utility Customers with Residential Solid Waste Account:
- Appliances (2 per visit)
- Barbecue Grills (propane tank must be emptied with cap/valve removed)
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Tires with no rim (4 per visit)
- Yard Waste (no stumps over 100 lbs. or limbs over 4 ft. in length)
Items Accepted For a Charge (Credit Card only):
- Commercial Waste
- Items delivered in commercial vehicles
- Larger quantities than would be generated from a residence
- Construction debris, including tile, plywood, roofing material, fencing, drywall, and plaster. No bricks, rocks, cinder blocks, or dirt
- Household Garbage
- Mixed loads of free and chargeable items
- Large automotive parts
- Tires (exceeding 4 per visit)
- Load Search Rate: $100.00 (notarized release form required)
Personal protection equipment (PPE) is REQUIRED to dispose on the tipping floor. PPE can be purchased at the Scalehouse if needed.
- Hazardous, radioactive, biological or infectious waste
- Liquid Waste
- Fuel Oil
- Gasoline or Flammable Waste
- Propane Tanks (unless cap/valve is removed)
- Wet paint or drywall mud
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Electronics (items can be taken to Hillsborough County Solid Waste at no additional charge)