The Special Services Division is responsible for providing collection to residents who have large bulky items, such as large household appliances, furniture and large quantities of brush that are too large to be collected by the residential crews. Customers must adhere to the same regulations and requirements in place for S.W.E.E.P. collection.
- Please do not approach the truck at any time, especially when employee is operating the truck.
- For safety reasons, items blocked by vehicles or other obstacles will not be collected.
- To prevent injury and damage to equipment, property, and personnel please avoid placing items under low hanging tree limbs, on or near electrical/phone lines, water meters and utility boxes.
- Flat glass items, such as mirrors, window glass, table top panes, must be duct taped or wrapped to prevent it from breaking.
- Items placed in front of vacant homes or lots will be treated as illegal dumping and will be investigated by Code Enforcement for resolution.
- Household Appliances Furniture Mattresses
- Barbecue Grills
- Flat Glass (duct taped or wrapped)
- Tires (up to 4 tires total)
- Yard Waste (cut down to 4 feet)
- Railroad Ties (cut down to 4 feet)
PLEASE NOTE: The City of Tampa reserves the right to refuse items as necessary.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Building materials (sheds, fences, tile, pipe, wood/plywood, brick, concrete blocks, rocks, doors, roofing material, windows, drywall)
- Household Hazardous Waste* (paints, solvents, oil or fuels)
- Pressurized Gas Cylinders, Explosives/Ammunition
- Metal drums
- Tires with rims
*At no additional charge, Household Hazardous Waste may be taken to one of Hillsborough County’s Household Hazardous Waste sites. Electronics may be taken to Hillsborough County’s Community Collection sites Monday-Saturday for environmentally safe disposal. This program is reserved for residential customers with active refuse accounts residing in single-family homes and multi-unit properties (four units and less).
To request special services, please call the City of Tampa Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811.