The Channel District is fulfilling its transformation from a warehouse district to a vibrant urban residential and arts and entertainment magnet. Major developments have contributed to the revitalization such as SkyHouse (2015), The Fitzgerald (2017), The Channel Club (2018), Publix Supermarket (2018), Home2 Suite & Hampton Inn (2019), and Sparkman Wharf (2018-2020). Future developments include:
- Eleve61 – Mercury Advisors has announced the development of a 61-unit luxury condominium development at Channelside Drive and Whiting.
- 111 N. Meridian – Framework/MTC has announced a mixed-use residential and retail development along Meridian Avenue from Washington Street to Whiting Street.
- Channel Club II – Mercury Advisors and ECI Ventures are designing and constructing a new mixed-use residential tower with 351 dwelling units at the corner of Channelside Drive and Twiggs Street.
- Daniel Corporation is preparing to construct a 19-story 332-unit mixed-use residential tower at the corner of Twiggs Street and North 12th Street just east of the Belle Channelside Apartments.
The Channel District CRA has mobilized a major district-wide infrastructure improvement project to include nine smaller projects to essentially complete the remainder of the drainage and streetscape improvements for the district. To learn more, please visit http://www.ChannelDistrictProjects.com.
In collaboration with the Downtown CRA, Cumberland Avenue is under construction to be open by December of 2020. This is long-awaited connection between Downtown and the Channel District. Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) is currently studying the preliminary development of connecting Whiting Street and Washington Street to Meridian Avenue.
- Special Event Co-Sponsorship Program Application
- Neighborhood Amenity Incentive Program - Application
- Channel District History
- Aerial Map
- Legal Description of CRA Boundary
- Channel District Photo Gallery
- Channel District Fact Sheet (coming soon)
- Channel District Newsletter
- Channel District Plan
- Channel District Arts Plan
When: 1st Wednesday of the Month
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Where: Port Tampa Bay Board Room - 1101 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602