- West Tampa CRA Boundary Map
- West Tampa CRA Boundary Legal Description
- West Tampa CRA Community Redevelopment Plan
- West Tampa CRA Vision & Strategic Action Plan
West Tampa CRA Programs
- Business Enhancement Micro Grant – Designed to incentivize business owners in the CRA area to make eligible building, structural, and site improvements to their property visible from the abutting rights-of-way. Matching reimbursement grant of up to $10,000.
- Vanilla Shell Grant – Designed to reduce vacancy in existing commercial or mixed-use properties within the CRA area by assisting property owners to renovate the interior of vacant spaces for immediate occupancy. Matching reimbursement grant of up to $25,000 per unit renovated, for up to two units.
- Restaurant & Food Services Grant – Designed to attract and assist experienced full-service restaurants, and other food service establishments, to locate or expand within the CRA area. Matching reimbursement grant of up to $75,000.
- Upstairs Residential Conversion Grant – Designed to encourage the conversion of vacant upper floors of existing commercial structures within the CRA area to market rate apartments. Matching reimbursement grant of up to $7,000 per dwelling unit, for up to four dwelling units.
- Exterior Residential Rental Rehabilitation Grant – Designed to increase access to redevelopment funding for visible exterior improvements to affordable rental single-family homes and duplexes within the CRA area. Matching reimbursement grant of up to $25,000 per single-family (detached) home and up to $50,000 per duplex.
- Residential Exterior Improvement Grant – Designed to increase access to redevelopment funding for visible exterior improvements to homesteaded single-family homes within the CRA area to improve home and property conditions. Reimbursement grant of up to $25,000, with an owner funding match (5%-30%) based on household income.
- Neighborhood Special Projects Grant – Designed to incentivize neighborhood or community groups to make aesthetic improvements to neighborhoods located within the CRA area on publicly owned property or right-of-way when properly permitted. Reimbursement grant of up to $10,000 per project.
- CRA Façade Improvement Grants – Designed to provide retail or commercial property owners with finance assistance to improve the appearance of their properties within the CRA area. Matching reimbursement grant of up to $50,000.
West Tampa CRA Community Advisory Committee
The purpose of the West Tampa CRA Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is to ensure that the interests of residents, property owners, businesses, and other stakeholders in the area are represented in key decisions relating to the CRA Community Redevelopment Plan and the CRA budget for the area. Interested individuals must live or work in the redevelopment area or have significant interest within the area. CAC positions are appointed by the Community Redevelopment Agency, are voluntary, and serve without compensation.
CAC Meeting Time and Location:
5:30 p.m. – Fourth Tuesday of each month
Hillsborough Education Foundation, 2306 N. Howard Avenue, Tampa, FL, 33607 (unless otherwise noted in meeting public notice)
Current CAC Members:
|Name||Representation||Term Exp. Date|
|Vacant||*North Hyde Park Civic Association||NA|
|Benjamin (Heem) Baisden||*West Tampa Alliance||Aug. 2024|
|Delphine Jones||*West Riverfront Crime Watch Group||Jan. 2023|
|Sandra Sanchez||At-Large||Jan. 2023|
|Janice Williams||At-Large||Mar. 2023|
|Carlos Ramirez, Chair||*North Hyde Park Alliance||Mar. 2025|
|Michael Braccia||At-Large||Feb. 2023|
|Joseph Robinson, Vice Chair||*West Tampa Community Development Corporation, Inc.||Feb. 2025|
|Walter Smith II||*Greater West Tampa Community Council, Inc.||Mar. 2023|
|Janette LaRussa Fenton||*West Tampa Chamber of Commerce||Mar. 2024|
|Tina Young||*Project LINK, Inc.||Jan. 2024|
|Emanual (Bobby) Wilson||*Old West Tampa Neighborhood Association & Crimewatch||Jan. 2023|
West Tampa CRA CAC Subcommittee Workshop Meetings:
Meeting access information is available on individual public notices.
- Economic Development: 5:30 p.m. - First Monday each month
- Housing: 5:30 p.m. - First Tuesday each month
- Public Safety: 5:30 p.m. - Third Monday each month
- Infrastructure: 5:30 p.m. - Third Tuesday each month
- Arts & Cultural Preservation: 5:30 p.m. - Third Wednesday each month
- Special Events & Projects: 4 p.m. - Fourth Monday each month
Office located at 306 E. Jackson St., 2N
Tampa, FL 33602
Fax: (813) 274-7410
Manager: Jesus Niño, AICP, CFM
Phone: (813) 274-7427
Economic Development Specialist: Andrea Roshaven
Phone: (813) 274-8245
Office Support Specialist:
Phone: (813) 274-8325