Fire Marshal Permits
Any inspection requiring a specific time or date for either testing or walk-through must be scheduled with the inspector. Calling on the computer line does not guarantee a next-day inspection by the Fire Inspector.
NOTE: All permits require at least a final inspection.
Fire Alarm Inspection
- All appliances must be installed and pre-tested by a certified contractor.
- Artificial smoke, magnets, ladders, radios, etc. must be provided for proper testing of equipment.
- Approved plans and Certification papers must be on site.
Fire Protection Inspection
- If underground is installed, hydrostatic testing with exposed piping is required. Have approved plans and certification papers on site.
- New overhead installations require hydrostatic testing.
- Any relocation or additional of existing heads requires a permit.
Fire Suppression Inspection
- A functional test is required for final approval.
- Gas/electric must be turned on.
- Coordination with the fire alarm contractor is required if the fire alarm is a part of a project or existing.
- All life safety features must be in place and functional.
- If applicable, fire alarm, fire protection, and fire suppression must have been previously tested and approved.
- Firewalls are exposed, marked and penetrations properly sealed with fire-rated caulking.
- A fire extinguisher must be tagged and hung.
- Approved plans must be on site.