Tampa's Water Production Plant - 1926

After Tampa's early privately-owned water company experienced difficulties in providing a growing city with a reliable supply of drinking water, city leaders built a municipal water treatment plant on the banks of the Hillsborough River in an area that, at the time, was remove. The site has been expanded and modernized but many of the initial structures remain to form the core of today's plant.


Updated: 12/04/2020