Meetings are held at the Constructions Services Department office, online via Go To Meetings or Microsoft Teams, and On-Site.
- The objective is to provide guidance regarding the Permit and/or Occupancy Phasing of your project and answer general (non-technical) questions.
- Client creates a Pre-Application record in Accela (account required), and uploads plans/documents to the record.
- The Development Services Coordinator will schedule the Pre-Application meeting with City Staff and Client.
Preliminary Plan Review (PPR):
- The goal is to identify any design and/or code issues, answer technical questions, and provide guidance before final plans are submitted for permitting.
- The client creates a Preliminary Plan Review (PPR) record in Accela (account required), uploads plans (about 60% completed), a list of technical/design questions and pays the PPR fee. Fee Schedule
- Once the PPR application is reviewed and accepted, staff schedules the PPR meeting fifteen (15) business days out to allow time for plan review.
- At the PPR meeting, staff will discuss preliminary review comments and creates PPR meeting minutes to be uploaded to the PPR record.
- The goal is to establish points of contact and provide an opportunity to communicate the requirements and expectations of permits and processes to complete the project.
- The Development Services Coordinator will organize the meeting and invite the client/designated contact(s) and Inspectors.
*Note: For Phased projects, both the Site/Foundation and the Shell/Complete permits will need to be issued before this meeting is scheduled.
Contact the Development Services Coordinator: email@example.com or (813) 274-3193 to set up a meeting.