Hours: Gate is kept locked.
Please contact the Cemetery Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance, during regular business hours to make arrangements for the gate to be opened.
Originally known as Oakland Cemetery, it is located on the corner of E Lake Ave and N 37th Street, and is approximately four acres. It is an old community cemetery that started prior tot he yellow fever epidemic of the late 1800's. The Jackson Heights Cemetery Association sold it to the City in 1942. Unfortunately, all records had been lost prior to the City's involvement. The only record of burials is from the headstones in place.