Julian B Lane Riverfront Park

Rental Facilities Frequently Asked Questions


Yes, but not at the Tampa River Center located at Julian B Lane Riverfront Park. A food truck or caterer can provide food for private events that reserve a shelter at a park. The park patron/customer must notify the Shelter Reservation Office at the time of the reservation, or at least two weeks (14 days) in advance. Food trucks must provide a current certificate of insurance naming the City as additionally insured, as well as, provide a copy of their current business license. A food truck cannot vend to the general public while serving as a caterer. Due to space restrictions, food trucks may not be allowed in all parks.

Preferred caterers go through a request for qualifications (RFQ) process to be considered as a preferred caterer. To be considered, a caterer needs to be certified as a Women/Minority Business Enterprise (WMBE) or Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) with the City of Tampa's Equal Business Opportunity program.

Preferred caterers go through a request for proposal (RFP) process to be considered a preferred caterer. There are eight preferred caterers on the list, but the number can fluctuate from 4-8. To be considered, a caterer needs to have been in business for more than seven years, offer a wide variety of menu options, and hold a State of Florida 13CT Liquor License.

The process typically opens every three years. The RFP/RFQ process is next expected to open for applications in January 2025. For more information, call the City of Tampa Purchasing Department at 813-274-8351.

You must have Commercial General Liability Coverage of $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate. The certificate of insurance must name the City of Tampa as additionally insured. Food trucks must show proof of auto liability if providing services in a City of Tampa park.

Updated: 05/09/2024