City Council commits $200,000 to renovate the Fair Oaks Community Center.
Community Meeting is held at Fair Oaks Community Center. The Mayor's spokesperson confirmed that the Mayor is in favor of the renovation.
Parks and Recreation Department Planning and Design Division begin studying the site and preparing conceptual site plans.
CRA expresses the initial interest to purchase 3501, 3503, and 3505 E Caracas St, 3413 E Ellicott St, and 4915 N 34th St.
Parks and Recreation Department Planning and Design Division creates several conceptual plans looking at a standalone center versus an expansion on the existing facility.
Mayor Castor announces plans to expand and redevelop Fair Oaks Park.
Owner of 3505 E Caracas St expresses interest to sell property.
Parks and Recreation Department Planning and Design Division create several new conceptual plans using additional property.
Mayor Castor announces that the City will replicate the New Tampa Recreation Center in East Tampa.
City closes on 3503 E Caracas St property.
City closes on 3501 E Caracas St property and 15 feet of vacated right of way.
U.S. Representative Kathy Castor announces that $1 million for the Fair Oaks Redevelopment Senior Center has been approved by the U.S. House of Representatives.
Parks and Recreation Department Planning and Design Division creates several new conceptual plans using additional property.
Negotiations with 3413 E Ellicott St and 4915 N 34th St fail. Notice of termination sent by the City.
Owner of 3413 E Ellicott St and 4915 N 34th St expresses interest in renegotiating. New appraisal is ordered.
City closes on 3505 E Caracas St property.
- RFQ advertised for Design Build Project.
- Owner of 3503 E Caracas St vacates property.
- Public Information Meeting about the intent to vacate E Caracas St.
- Shortlist created for Design Build Firms.
- First public hearing to vacate E Caracas St.
- Anticipated closing on 3413 E Ellicott St and 4915 N 34th St
- Selected Design Build Firm begins.
- Public outreach and envisioning phase of the project begins.
East Tampa Rec Complex Timeline
Was this page helpful? or
Thanks for letting us know!
Help us improve by leaving a quick comment
- Tell us what was confusing, missing or inaccurate about this page.
- We will not reply to comments, use the Page Enhancement Request below if you want a formal reply.
- Do not submit any personal or sensitive information such as account numbers or names.
- OR-For a formal response complete the Page Enhancement Request form.