The Sunset Park West Water Main Improvements Project will resume in the Sunset Park West neighborhood on September 6, 2022, with an expected completion date of June 2023, weather-permitting. The project activities include:
- installation of new water mains and new water main tie-ins
- installation of 32 new fire hydrants
- roadway and right-of-way restoration once activities have been completed
The new, larger water mains along parts of W San Miguel St, W Juno St, W Dryad St, S Bryant Cir, and W Sunset Blvd will improve water pressure and flow, as well as increase fire protection. The impacted streets will be repaved with fresh asphalt.
What to expect during construction
- Activities to occur within the public right-of-way
- Staging of equipment and materials in the public right-of-way
- Removal of landscape and hardscape from the public right-of-way
- Vehicles parked on the street may be required to park elsewhere during construction
- Access to homes will be maintained
- No anticipated interruptions to trash collection / recycling or mail delivery
Join City of Tampa and JVS Contracting, Inc., representatives to discuss the project schedule and address questions and concerns related to the project:
A virtual community meeting took place on September 7, 2022, at 1pm. The recording of that meeting is available below.
If you were unable to make the Zoom meeting, City of Tampa and JVS Contracting, Inc., representatives will also be attending the upcoming Sunset Park Area Homeowner's Association meeting on September 13, 2022, in the Jan K. Platt Library.